Just 125km up the west coast of cape town lies die strandloper, an open air, casual restaurant with sand underfoot, blue skies above, and at the water’s edge, a magnificient view of Langebaan Lagoon. To the accompaniment of live traditional guitar music, meals are served in individual courses extending over a leisurely three to four hour period.
The central focus is an open braai area where everything from black mussels in wine to “really strong” coffee takes its turn. Traditional treats include, paella potjie rich in calamari, angel fish and snoek, grilled haarders, smoked angel fish, snoek with sweet or steamed potato, plus waterblommetjie bredie.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
Comments are closed.